TsAGI builds upon its pioneering advances in strength and structural analysis. The Structural Engineering Complex is one of the main parts of TsAGI.
TsAGI can help you to solve structural problems in development, certification and operation of:
Aircraft and spacecraft
Advanced high-technology transportation systems
High-rise buildings and constructions, underground communications
The main areas of Structural Complex activities are:
TsAGI fundamental research in static/fatigue strength of the structures can help to solve technical problems and increase competitiveness of your products. TsAGI performs:
- determination and standardization of load spectra and environmental factors;
- analytical and experimental evaluation of the stress-strain state;
- structural optimization (under static strength, aero-elasticity, fatigue resistance and crack resistance constraints);
- determination of the aeroelasticity-critical parameters (critical speed/frequency, damping factor) of the aircraft equipped with an automatic control system;
TsAGI activity in industry research:
- development of the Structural Strength Standards for particular flying vehicles;
- development of structural analysis methods for aeronautical structures of current interest;
- assessment of the aircraft manufacturing methods with respect to the strength;
- development of strength evaluation methods and acceptance test procedures;
All laboratories of the Structural Complex (performing tests and analyses) are certificated and accredited by the CIS State Standard in accordance with requirements of the national and international quality control systems.
Organization and structure of the Structural Complex, a list of its equipment and characteristics, and testing procedures are dictated by the «Quality Provision Regulations» to assure the sufficiency and validity of the results.
Enhancement of the efficiency of tests and test result validity is supported by :
- automatization of tests;
- development of program packages.
Both high quality of the investigations and validity of results are guaranteed by:
- up-to-date measurement/control instruments (automatic multichannel measuring/control
- systems, automatic recorders, strain gauges, crack propagation gauges);
- modern equipment to perform non-destructive testing;
- the corresponding skill of flaw detection specialists;
- fractography with the aid of light and scanning electron microscopes;
- metrological checks which meet the requirements of national and international standards.